Micro Focus ALM / QC (Formerly known as HP ALM / QC)
- 10.0*, 11.0, 11.5, 11.5x, 12.0, 12.2, 12.5, 12.52, 12.53, 12.55, 12.6, 15.x
Micro Focus ALM Octane (Formerly known as HP ALM Octane)
- From 8.22 and above
Micro Focus ALM – Jama Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) and Jama bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Micro Focus ALM with Jama, enterprises can keep the business, development, and quality team focused on customer priorities, quality of the deliverable, and also, accelerate the product development cycle.
How Micro Focus ALM – Jama integration is Beneficial for an Enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown and associated test cases
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports
With Micro Focus ALM + Jama Integration, Enterprises Can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus ALM and Jama
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Micro Focus (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) and Jama bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Jama automatically synchronize to Micro Focus ALM and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Jama.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: Micro Focus ALM Integration with Jama
Problem statement: The Product Management team doesn’t have visibility into the status of development work and associated QA reports.
Solution: When Jama is integrated with Micro Focus ALM, the product manager will have real-time insight into the types of defects logged by the quality control team, the priorities of these defects, and the overall progress of a requirement.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘business requirement’ in Jama, defines its priority as ‘Major’, and adds descriptive comments for the development and quality control team.
- The ‘business requirement’ synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM along with the priority and description.
- Based on this requirement, the QA team writes a ‘test case’ and links it to the corresponding requirement.
- When the development team completes the requirement, the QA team runs the test case. As the test case fails, the QA team logs a failure in Micro Focus ALM.
- The QA team adds further insight into the defect by adding a descriptive comment.
- In Jama, the status of the ‘business requirement’ changes to ‘failed’. The related defect also shows up under the associated ‘business requirement’.
Benefits of Integration for Micro Focus ALM and Jama Users
Micro Focus ALM Users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within Micro Focus ALM
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the QA cycle
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work & the QA cycle
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions