Micro Focus ALM / QC (Formerly known as HP ALM / QC)
- SaaS: 15.x,
- On-Premise: 10.0*, 11.0, 11.5, 11.5x, 12.0, 12.2, 12.5, 12.52, 12.53, 12.55, 12.6, 15.x, 16.x
Micro Focus ALM Octane (Formerly known as HP ALM Octane)
- From 5.4 to 13.0
Micro Focus ALM – Blueprint Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, cross-functional collaboration brings in collective wisdom to make better decisions, faster.
Best-of-breed systems such as Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating Blueprint with Micro Focus ALM, enterprises can keep the Business, Development, and Quality teams focus on customer goals and accelerate the product development cycle.
How Micro Focus ALM – Blueprint integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time cross-functional visibility across the teams over ‘requirements’
- Bi-directional synchronization of ‘requirements’ enables Quality team to raise queries by commenting on the workitem itself
- Seamless coordination over iteration’s start and end dates
- Product Managers are always updated on the quality of development work
- When ‘defects’ from Micro Focus ALM synchronize to Blueprint, Product Managers can track the exact reason of failure and estimate the delay that it might cause
How OpsHub Integration Manager Integrates Micro Focus ALM and Blueprint
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates Blueprint and Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) in a bidirectional manner. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from Blueprint automatically synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to Blueprint.
Popularly synchronized entities between Micro Focus ALM and Blueprint
Use Case: Micro Focus ALM Integration with Blueprint
Problem statement:The Product Management team doesn’t have visibility into the status of development work and associated QA reports.
Solution: When Micro Focus ALM (Also known as Micro Focus ALM / QC and Micro Focus ALM Octane) is integrated with Blueprint, the Product Manager will have real-time insight into the types of defects logged by the QA team, the priorities of these Defects, and the overall progress of a Requirement.
- The Product Manager creates a ‘requirement’ in Blueprint, defines its priority as ‘High’, and adds descriptive comments for the Development and Quality Control teams.
- The ‘requirement’ synchronizes to Micro Focus ALM along with the priority and description.
- Based on this requirement, the QA team writes a ‘test case’ and links it to the corresponding requirement.
- When the Development team completes the requirement, the QA team runs the test case. As the test case fails, the QA team logs a failure in Micro Focus ALM.
- The QA team adds further insight into the defect by adding a descriptive comment.
- In Blueprint, the status of the ‘requirement’ changes to ‘failed’. The related defect also shows up under the associated ‘business requirement’.
Benefits of Integration for Micro Focus ALM and Blueprint Users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the development and QA lifecycles
- Visibility into quality of development work
- Reduced dependency on manual communication for business decision making
Micro Focus ALM Users
- Access to the business requirements within Micro Focus ALM, and real-time update for any changes, enhancements
- Complete view into the business goals, logics, and targets
- Automatic synchronization of defects saves a lot of time for Micro Focus ALM user who would have, otherwise, manually shared the details