The integration of HP ALM/QC with VersionOne makes it easier for the development and quality assurance (QA) teams to collaborate with each other.
This, in turn, helps in delivering a high quality product to customers at a faster pace.
HP ALM/QC VersionOne Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as HP ALM/QC and VersionOne bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. Integration of HP ALM/QC with VersionOne ensures that the development and QA teams are on the same page when it comes to delivery timelines and have complete visibility into each other’s tasks.
How HPQC – VersionOne integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown, associated test cases, and defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) plans and reports
With HP ALM/QC + VersionOne integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates HP ALM/QC and VersionOne
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates HP ALM/QC and VersionOne bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. The release and cycle, test cases, defects in HP ALM/QC can be accessed by the development team from VersionOne itself. The QA team also gets real-time visibility into the plans, schedule, and progress of a story.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: HP ALM/QC Integration with VersionOne
Problem statement: The development team and quality control team are not able to coordinate on timelines and the issues are falling through the cracks.
Solution: When VersionOne is integrated with HP ALM/QC, both quality and development will have visibility into each other’s schedule and the coordination will become seamless.
- The quality control team creates ‘defect’ in HP ALM/QC after a testing a ‘use case’.
- The ‘defect’ along with associated details gets synchronized to VersionOne.
- The development team edits the corresponding defect in VersionOne and defines a ‘resolution date’. This detail synchronizes to HP ALM/QC.
- The quality control team writes a ‘test case’ against the defect and plans the test as per the timelines, which also synchronizes to VersionOne.
- When the ‘defect’ is resolved, the development team marks the ‘defect’ as resolved.
Benefits of integration for HP ALM/QC and VersionOne users
HP ALM/QC users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within HP ALM/QC
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep back-end teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
- Visibility into QA schedule and test cases in advance
- Complete context of the defects and their severity
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions