IBM Rational DOORS and Jira Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements. Best-of-breed systems such as IBM Rational DOORS and Jira bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. With the integration of IBM Rational DOORS and Jira, there will be real-time visibility into business requirements and product development for both the development and product management teams.
How IBM Rational DOORS and Jira integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Track the estimated and actual development effort.
- Trace the requirement breakdown completely – access the features, tasks, sub-tasks associated with the requirement
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports from both systems
With IBM Rational DOORS and Jira integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates IBM Rational DOORS and Jira
OpsHub Integration Manager provides bi-directional integration between IBM Rational DOORS and Jira. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from IBM Rational DOORS automatically synchronize to Jira and all the details associated with the‘requirement’ synchronize back to IBM Rational DOORS. IBM Rational DOORS and Jira integration also helps product team in development schedule and effort estimation.
Popularly synchronized entities
Benefits of integration for IBM Rational DOORS and Jira users
IBM Rational DOORS users
- Traceability for requirements throughout the application lifecycle
- Visibility into the progress of development work: status and effort details
- Reduced dependency on manual communication for business decision making
- Access to the business requirements within Jira and real-time update for any changes, enhancements
- Complete view into the business goals and targets
- Automatic synchronization of requirement status to IBM Rational DOORS saves time for Jira users