The integration between Rational ClearQuest and Rational DOORS helps bring transparency in the application delivery ecosystem. With this integration, it is easier for the customer-facing (product & customer service), development, and Quality Assurance (QA) teams to collaborate with each other. This, in turn, helps in delivering a high-quality product to customers at a faster pace. This integration supports an efficient, configurable, requirements-driven development process that lets users easily implement best practices and facilitate compliance.
IBM Rational DOORS ClearQuest Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as DOORS and ClearQuest bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating DOORS and ClearQuest enterprises can keep the product management, development, and QA teams in sync to focus on the quality of the deliverable and accelerate the product development cycle.
How IBM Rational DOORS – ClearQuest integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown and associated test cases/defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports
With IBM Rational DOORS + ClearQuest integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates IBM Rational DOORS and ClearQuest
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates DOORS and ClearQuest bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from DOORS automatically synchronize to ClearQuest and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to DOORS.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: IBM Rational DOORS Integration with ClearQuest
- Project Manager creates a requirement in DOORS which includes multiple-level of changes in a product.
- The requirement synchronizes to ClearQuest. The requirement is then further broken down to change requests (tasks).
- These tasks synchronize to DOORS as sub-requirement.
- The team using ClearQuest can then leverage the ClearQuest Change Request workflow to manage changes to the requirements within DOORS.
Benefits of integration for IBM Rational DOORS and ClearQuest users
IBM Rational DOORS users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the quality of how the change management is progressing
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within ClearQuest
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the QA cycle and reports