ClearQuest – IBM DOORS Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems, and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts a team’s productivity, cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as ClearQuest and IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and IBM DOORS Next Generation) bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating ClearQuest and IBM DOORS enterprises can keep the product management, development, and QA teams in sync to focus on the quality of the deliverable and accelerate the product development cycle.
How ClearQuest – IBM DOORS integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Trace the requirement breakdown and associated test cases/defects
- Get complete context of the business requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Get full traceability into the Quality Assurance (QA) reports
With ClearQuest + IBM DOORS integration, enterprises can:
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ClearQuest and IBM DOORS
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates ClearQuest and IBM DOORS (Both DOORS and IBM DOORS Next Generation) bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘requirements’ from IBM DOORS automatically synchronize to ClearQuest and all the defects associated with the ‘requirement’ synchronize back to IBM DOORS.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: ClearQuest Integration with IBM DOORS
- Project Manager creates a requirement in IBM DOORS NG which includes multiple-level of changes in a product.
- The requirement synchronizes to ClearQuest. The requirement is then further broken down to change requests (tasks).
- These tasks synchronize to IBM DOORS as sub-requirement.
- The team using ClearQuest can then leverage the ClearQuest Change Request workflow to manage changes to the requirements within DOORS.
Benefits of integration for ClearQuest and IBM DOORS users
- Access to the business requirements, development status, and associated updates from within ClearQuest
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the QA cycle and reports
IBM DOORS users
- Traceability for business requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the quality of how the change management is progressing
- No dependency on manual communication for making business decisions