The integration of CA Project & Portfolio Management (PPM), formerly CA Clarity, is a project and portfolio management system. Integration of CA PPM with CA Agile Central (RALLY) helps enterprises closely couple the product management and development teams. With this kind of visibility, the coordination amongst the teams in the delivery ecosystem becomes easier and product delivery process becomes seamless.
CA PPM – CA Agile Central Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) ecosystem, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration enhances seamless communication between teams to take better decisions, faster decisions.
By integrating CA PPM with CA Agile Central (RALLY), enterprises can diminish the collaboration barriers between product management and development teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How CA PPM – CA Agile Central (RALLY) integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Get complete context of the customer requirement and receive real-time updates when there is a change in the plan
- Coordinate on the delivery timelines seamlessly with concurrent updates on changes
- Complete visibility into effort estimated and actual effort spent and the progress of development work
- Trace the feature breakdown and associated user stories
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates CA PPM and CA Agile Central (RALLY)
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates CA PPM and CA Agile Central (RALLY) bi-directionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘tasks’ from CA PPM synchronize to CA Agile Central (RALLY) as ‘features’. The features are further broken down as ‘user stories’. Along with the user stories, the estimated effort hours and other details populated by the development team also synchronizes to CA PPM. This gives product management team a real-time visibility into the development work and therefore, they can plan the iterations better.
Popularly synchronized entities
Use Case: CA PPM with CA Agile Central (RALLY)
Problem statement: The Product Management team doesn’t have direct visibility into how the development team breaks down the project, estimated effort, and completion time.
Solution: If CA PPM and CA Agile Central are integrated, the project management team will have real-time visibility into how the development work is proceeding.
- Product Manager creates a new task in CA PPM based on the conversation with a customer.
- The task synchronizes to CA Agile Central as a ‘feature’.
- The development team, using CA Agile Central, breaks down the features into user stories.
- The development also assigns estimated effort hours to complete the feature.
- The estimated effort hours synchronize to CA PPM against the assigned task.
- As and when the development team progresses through the development and uses the estimated budget, the Product Manager using CA PPM is aware whether or not the project is on track.
Benefits of integration for CA PPM and CA Agile Central (RALLY)
CA PPM users
- Traceability for features throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into the progress of development work
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
CA Agile Central (RALLY) users
- Access to the features and associated updates from within (RALLY)
- Complete context of the customer requirements and priorities
- No manual efforts needed to keep product management teams updated on the development status