The integration of CA Agile Central and Salesforce helps the project manager, engineering team, and customer-facing teams, such as support, sales, and services teams align their goals and tasks with each other. With integration of these two systems, enterprises can have cross-functional transparency and enriched collaboration across the business and technical verticals.
CA Agile Central Salesforce Integration Overview
In an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) environment, the choice of systems and the collaboration between the cross-functional teams play a great role in delivering quality solutions. While the choice of systems impacts the productivity of a team, the cross-functional collaboration helps the teams get complete context of the business requirements.
Best-of-breed systems such as CA Agile Central and Salesforce bring rich functionalities to the ecosystem. By integrating CA Agile Central with Salesforce, enterprises can diminish collaboration barriers between the technical and customer-facing teams that otherwise lead to quality issues, delivery delays, and financial loss.
How CA Agile Central – Salesforce integration is beneficial for an enterprise
- Real-time access to customer requests and priorities
- Communication on the workitems from the native systems itself
- Real-time updates when a customer issue is resolved
How OpsHub Integration Manager integrates CA Agile Central and Salesforce
OpsHub Integration Manager integrates CA Agile Central and Salesforce bidirectionally. It ensures that all historical and current data is available to each user, in that user’s preferred system, with full context, in real-time. All ‘ideas’ or any similar custom entity from Salesforce automatically synchronize to CA Agile Central and all the entities and details associated with the custom entity synchronize back to CA Agile Central.
Popularly synchronized entities between CA Agile Central and Salesforce
Use Case: CA Agile Central integration with Salesforce
Problem statement: The sales team in an organization uses Salesforce and the product development team uses CA Agile Central. As these systems are not integrated, it becomes cumbersome for the sales team to follow up with backend team on each case.
Solution: If Salesforce and CA Agile Central are integrated, the sales team will not have to manually coordinate with the product development team.
- The sales team, using Salesforce, receives a request from a potential customer for a customer feature in the product.
- The sales team, then, logs the request as an ‘idea’ in Salesforce with multiple attachments of the e-mails from the customer. The idea synchronizes to CA Agile Central as a ‘feature’ along with the attachments.
- The product manager, using CA Agile Central, analyzes the ‘feature’ request and responds to sales team with the possibility of executing this request and estimated effort.
- The sales team then speaks to the customer about the estimated cost and possible delivery deadline. As per the discussion, the sales team adds further details to the ‘idea’ in Salesforce.
- The details from Salesforce synchronize to the ‘feature’ request. The product manager then approves the request and shares it with the backend team.
Benefits of integration for CA Agile Central and Salesforce users
CA Agile Central users
- Traceability for customer requirements throughout the ALM tool chain
- Visibility into customer requests and priorities
- No dependency on manual communication for making decisions
- Access to the updates coming from development team on customer requirements from within Salesforce
- Easy to categorize and prioritize customer requests for backend teams
- No manual efforts needed to keep project & engineering teams updated on customer issues and priorities